Signs your partner may be cheating
Married life can be challenging, and there are always moments within any marriage where one partner has fleetingly considered the idea of an affair. While most married couples would never act upon this thought, it’s a sad fact of modern married life that cheating spouses are more common than we would imagine.
Government Survey in relation to signs your partner may be cheating
According to a government survey, one in five British spouses claim to have cheated at some point during their marriage. This number is high enough as it stands, but the reality is that the figure is probably much higher than that, as the majority of married couples would choose not to disclose their infidelity.
Look out for the signs your partner may be cheating
As a result, uptake of services including private infidelity investigations are increasing, as partners are keen to find out whether their spouse is being faithful. While some affairs will go completely undetected, there are a few warning signs which may prompt a husband or wife to consider using the services of cheating partner investigators to gain confirmation of their fears. These signs include:
– Sudden changes in affection or warmth from your spouse, as they begin to withdraw from you
– Unexplained absences and overnight stays which can’t be accounted for through employment or family commitments
– Sudden interest in new hobbies, films, music or foods which may not previously have appealed
– Changes in appearance, including new hairstyles, lingerie, scent, and changes to their usual dress style (particularly if attempting look more youthful or fashionable)
– Periodic gestures such as purchasing gifts, flowers or other tokens as a way of assuaging guilt
– Unexplained expenditure on credit card statements for hotel stays, meals out or new leisure interests
– An increased care over appearance, through more meticulous grooming, use of products, visits to the salon
– An increased distance emotionally, with refusal to acknowledge the growing discord within the marriage, and a tendency to simply withdraw and refuse to discuss issues
– Sudden uptake of interests which lead them from the family home, such as walking a dog for the first time
– A tendency to become furtive and secretive with text messages, e-mails or telephone calls, withdrawing to a different room or suddenly setting up passwords for laptops, e-mail accounts or mobiles.
Patterns of behavior and the signs your partner may be cheating
While this list is not exhaustive, the majority of cheating spouses tend to follow a pattern of behavior which makes it more likely that their partner will have some suspicions relating to the infidelity. That said, all of the above behaviours do not necessarily indicate an affair, and could simply be a side effect of reaching age milestones and the natural evolution of personalities. If in doubt, it’s sensible to hire the services of a reputable private investigation service to confirm any suspicions, before jumping to the wrong conclusion.